Thursday, October 9, 2008

From Arlene Ginn, Orange County Teacher

To our officials and citizens:
As a teacher in Orange County, I must add my voice to former governor Jeb Bush and many other non-partisan leaders (both democratic and republican) who have expressed bewilderment and, in my case, suspicion, at why an elected Orange County school board chair is needed.

Under the present organization, Orange County Public Schools have reach unimaginable heights. We have been granted an A district status, we are frugal in our economic entities and allowing every district to be represented by one vote, every citizen can feel that his or her rights are being protected. However, to give one person superior status on the school board is synonymous to stifling the rights of every citizen that is represented by a single district. WE ARE DOING FINE!! I urge you - no, I implore you, to leave well enough alone. Indeed, the old cliché, "if it is not broke, don't fix it", certainly applies.